Magical Greek Islands (06 Night / 07 Days)
Santorini(3) - Mykonos(3)
This includes visit to two most beautiful islands of Greece, Santorini and Mykonos. Santorini is best known for the cliff top Towns of Fira and Oia, which lies on the west coast, overlooking at deep, blue sea – filled caldera. The city is well known for Cycladic whitewashed cubic buildings which makes it romantic destination perfect for honeymooners and delight for families. Mykonos is well known for live music venues, classy sea food restaurants and amazing nightlife.
Start Point: Athens
End Point: Athens
Best Season To Travel
- Day-1 Arrival at Athens, board domestic flight to Santorini and overnight at hotel. (around 3 hours by flight)
- Day-2 Santorini – Day free or opt for Volcano and hot spring tour.
- Day-3 Santorini – Marvel the famous sunset in Oia. Overnight at hotel.
- Day-4 Santorini - Mykonos – Board high speed ferry to Mykonos island. Overnight (around 3 hours by ferry)
- Day-5 Mykonos – Day free to enjoy the island stay on your own or opt for Delos tour.
- Day-6 Mykonos – Day free at leisure.
- Day-7 Mykonos – Board domestic flight to Athens and then to home country. (around 2 hours flight)
Mykonos - Delos in Mykonos (15.00 kms)
Santorini - Akrotiri (12.00 kms)
- Athens to Santorini -298 kms (9 hrs)
- Santorini to Mykonos -150 kms (6.3 hrs)
- Mykonos to Athens -183 kms (5 hrs)
Keftedes - deep-fried meatballs that come in several varieties depending on what part of the city or the country you are in. These include Psarokeftedes which are made with fish, Santorini which are made from Tomatoes, Sifnos which are made from chickpeas, and Tirokeftedes which are made with cheese.
Melitzana Salata - eggplant salad. This is similar to Babaganoush, which is a salad that is made in the Middle East and eaten on bread. Mousaka – It is baked and similar to eggplant parmesan but without as much tomato sauce. The dish contains cinnamon, eggplant, ground beef, onions, oil, potatoes, and a butter, flour, and milk topping.
Pastitsio – It is just like Lasagna but not as saucy. The dish consists of layered noodles, meat, tomato sauce, and toppings that are similar to mousaka but not quite as dense.
Stifado – It is a stew that is made with lots of small onions, tomatoes and with lamb, octopus, or rabbit. Although these are our top 5 picks where the primary dishes in Athens are concerned,
Kolokithikia - boiled zucchini that is seasoned with lemon, oil and sometimes vinegar
Red donkey – Local beer.
- If at all possible, visit in the shoulder seasons – late spring or early autumn. The weather is softer and the crowds are slim.
- Be sure to visit a few out-of-the-way villages where you can still find full-on, unselfconscious traditional culture. The best way to do this is to rent a car and explore. Stop for lunch, check out the local shops and test out your Greek.
- Go slowly. Greece's infrastructure doesn't befit a fast-paced itinerary. Visit fewer places for longer.
- Visit at least one local coffee shop, one seafood taverna next to a port and one traditional live-music venue. This is where you’ll experience Greek culture at its most potent.
- Water: We found the water in Greece perfectly fine to drink
- Adapter: Remember that Greece uses the Europlug. Make sure you find a good adapter like the one I have to keep you charged