Holiday in Bhubhaneshwar (03 Night 04 Days)
This is an extended getaway of Bhubaneshwar that allows for a comprehensive coverage of the most visited destinations of Orissa.
Start Point: Bhubaneswar
End Point: Bhubaneswar
Best Season To Travel
- Day-1 Arrival at Bhubneshwar. Visits to Temples in Bhubaneshwar.
- Day-2 Excursion to Nandankanan Zoo. Travel to Puri Via Konark. Evening Visit to Jagannath Temple and Puri Beach.
- Day-3 Excursion to Chilika Lake OR Visit Buddhist heritage sites.
- Day-4 Departure.
Bhubaneswar - Udayagiri and Khandagiri Caves (6.00 kms), Raja Rani Temple (7.00 kms), Lingaraja Temple (8.00 kms), Brahma Temple (8.00 kms), Bindu Sagar (8.00 kms), Dhauli Giri (8.00 kms), Vaital Deul Temple (8.00 kms), Nandankanan Zoo (15.00 kms), Jagannath Puri Temple Complex (60.00 kms), Konark Sun Temple (60.00 kms), Chilika Lake (100.00 kms)
Malpua: It is a sweet pancake prepared by making a batter of coconut, crushed ripe bananas, flour with milk or water and seasoned with cardamoms. These pancakes are then fried and served hot.
Chhena Poda Pitha: It is made up by caramelizing chhena (well kneaded homemade cottage cheese) with the richness of dry fruits like cashew nuts and raisins.
Dalma: It is avegetarian recipe in which lentils and vegetables are boiled together and garnished with aromatic spices. Toor dal is the most commonly used lentil.
Khechadi: It is made by cooking rice and lentils together in ghee that gives it a rich flavour. The Khechadi is basically the Oriya version of the Indian ‘Khichdi’.
Bara: It is prepared from black-gram dal or urad dal along with rice.
Chhena Jhili: It is prepared by frying fresh cheese balls and caramelising it with sugar syrup.
Badi: It is made up of black-gram being grinded on a slit-stone and given the shape of a flower.
Chenna Poda: The enduring taste of burnt cottage cheese equaling with the sweet sugar syrup that’s added to it, makes the taste of Chhena Poda kind of hard to forget.
Pakhala Bhata: This is prepared with cooked rice little fermented in water.
Ghanta: Ghanta in Odia means mixed. This dish is prepared by mixing a variety of vegetables and is mostly enjoyed during festivals.
Dahi Kanji: It is a soupy dish like dal made up of curd, mixed with vegetables. The curd gives the dish a tangy flavor. The use of veggies, lentils and curd makes this dish very healthy.
Khata: Khatta is prepared along with jaggery and other condiments and it is mostly eaten as a side dish.
Kheersagar: This sweet dish has small chhena /cottage cheese balls dipped in thickened and sweetened milk seasoned with cardamom and saffron for that awesome flavour.
- All nationalities require a full passport that must be valid for 6 months beyond the intended length of stay.
- Recommended vaccinations are Typhoid, TB, Polio, Tetanus and Hepatitis A. India is a malarial area and you should take appropriate precautions. We are not medical experts and suggest you consult your Doctor or Vaccination centre for up to date information.
- Get the travel insurance without fail.
- The currency in India is Rupees. 1 Indian Rupee = 63 Euro.
- Departures during the most comfortable and colourful seasons to visit: from the end of Monsoon (October) through Winter and Spring to the beginning of Summer (April).
- Since the climate in Orissa is much hotter than the rest parts of the country stick to mostly cotton clothes. Warm clothes are necessary for cool evenings in the highlands.
- If you wish to explore the wildlife in Orissa then make sure to carry some clothes that would fully cover your legs and arms for protection from mosquito bites and flies.
- Make sure to keep some extra bucks for the extra expenses such as some eating out at a local joint, visiting the museums, national parks etc.
- Being a traveler keeping less of cash and rest on your cards is the best way to avoid any loss.
- Make sure to bag in some chemical sunscreens as well as mosquito repellents.
- To save some bugs plan out a sightseeing tour explore some of the places that are in close proximity to each other on a single trip or are located nearby.
- Do make sure to keep all the essential documents like visas& passport safely (if required).